Monday, January 31, 2011

FOGGY SATURDAY MORNING

Darnell Bates, a Fine Art film, night, B&W, minimalist, Landscape and Seascape Photographer for DB8S Photography,  Long Beach, CA 2011. (DB8S Photo/Darnell Bates)
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Its the same Saturday morning with Denise and as we drove into Huntington Beach there was instant fog at the Bolsa Chica Reserve. This is a spot where people go to hike around and photographer/birdwatchers to catch birds that migrate to this area. It had been awhile since I last visited so I coerced Denise to stop to see what we could see.  At First site, almost nothing but Fog! yet I saw it as an opportunity to continue working with my Neutral Density Filters and loooong exposure. (f22/1.3sec)


WHY I LOVE THIS IMAGE
The photographers standing about complaining about the fog and not capturing bird... so I took the opportunity to capture them waiting for the fog to lift. Also, I like how the fog graduated the scene into faded vagueness w/o going white. Ohhhh the quiet serenity and the reflection of the bridge across the water. I cooled this image (blue) just a tad to emphasize the cold feeling to it which also caused the bridge to pop. (blue and orange.... pleasing to the eye)
-------------------------------------------------------

I am finding that all images captured this day has taken on a slightly surreal element as noted by Latoya and Anthony. My reasoning may be a combination of the looong exposure and moisture in the air.

p.s. In a larger image you can see more details of the photographers on the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment