Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HUNTINGTON BEACH PEIR (underside)

Darnell Bates, a Fine Art film, night, B&W, minimalist, Landscape and Seascape Photographer for DB8S Photography,  Long Beach, CA 2011. (DB8S Photo/Darnell Bates)
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

On this dank cloudy day, just before sunrise, the sun broke through for about 5min and I was able to catch the warmness of the pier. Timing and sun affects everything, and this time of the morning is just one of the best time to shoot (the other is just as the sun is setting)
-----------------------------------------------------
Lesson Learned:
After this  images (from a series) were captured under the pier, I realized that I was on manual focus and what looked out of focused in the view finder produced this result as well as the others I captured. I did not change a thing and tried to learn from my mistake by attempted to learn what was right about my setting.

18mm  f/22  4.0sec (raw file/no edits)

1 comment:

  1. Loving the color and the dream-like effect. Seems to pull my eye to the right across the image..

    ReplyDelete