Sunday, January 30, 2011

HUNTINGTON BEACH

Darnell Bates, a Fine Art film, night, B&W, minimalist, Landscape and Seascape Photographer for DB8S Photography,  Long Beach, CA 2011. (DB8S Photo/Darnell Bates)
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Jan 29, 2011 0520 wake call from Denise to go out shooting. I just love break through days and this day was a successful day. I am working on new skills and using new tools to improve my skillset.
 -------------------------------------------------

Skill: Patience
Tool: Neutral Density Filters to extend my exposure time; outcome streaming clouds and silky milky seascapes.

The above image was shot at f18 10sec 19mm (w/o filter (1/20 of a sec) it would have been a quick exposure, capturing the moment as it happened @1/20 of a second opposed to capturing the scene for 10sec and capturing the waves as they come and go.

2 comments:

  1. Calm but yet wild, you captured the nature in one of its most beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a nice shot.. if my settings were right I too could have shot something this nice... I did but it was blurry.. ):

    ReplyDelete