Saturday, December 18, 2010

Need Inspiration?

"The Chase" DB8S © 2010
"click on image for a larger view"

"Be inspired by what inspired you initially" Darnell Bates

Every now and again you should go back to 
the moment (in my case photographic images) 
that inspired you to pursue that in which makes
you happy.
------------------------------------
The image above was taken some where along the Bonneville Salt Flats many many years ago as my olde roommate (Steve) and I drove from Oakland to Cleveland. The purpose of the trip was to spend time with him before he departed for an extended stay in Ghana. We laugh and had the greatest time on this trip. After capturing this image, it changed the way I thought about my photography and challenged me to capture the feeling and moment along with the image. This was the photograph that made me happy, made me think of calm and relaxing times, and eventually made me enroll into a photography program.

No comments:

Post a Comment