Saturday, December 18, 2010

DARK RAINY NIGHT OUT!

"Changing lanes..." DB8S © 2010
"click on image for a larger view"
Above are a few images that I captured while traveling from Houston to Dallas in an incredible storm.Yes, I love road trips with my friends, and this trip was with Jeff of Dallas. He and I drove from Ft. Lauderdale to the West Coast (twice) and I would do it again and again.

I enjoy "Low Light/Night Photography" and starting in January 2011 I will be doing more. 
The Light that you capture at night is incredible and unchallenged by the light of the sun!

It is best to use a tripod when shooting this style (with cable release or auto timer if you have), next best solution is to brace your camera against something or on a flat surface and if you must....... "Hooooooold Steady" and avoid as much movement as possible. Because the capture time may be seconds or more and it lends opportunity to introduce movement that may/will blur your images.


All of the photos from above were captured by placing the camera on the dash board and shooting on Manual f-stop/speed and Manual Focus. After a few miles and multiple tests to make sure that I have the exposure I wanted, it was just a matter of getting a nice smooth road and Jeff to drive straight.


Photo Notes:
"Changing lanes..." - bumpy road&changing lanes, I love how the lights reminds me of energy waves
"Road to Dallas #2" - I just loved the circus of colors coming at me in this image
"Road to Dallas #1 - nice smooth road, "straight line" on the right, the line of the left... not so.


"Road to Dallas #2" DB8S © 2010
"click on image for a larger view"

"Road to Dallas #1" DB8S © 2010
"click on image for a larger view"


.
.
.

1 comment:

  1. I am associating the "Changing lanes.." photo with gamma radiation in physics class many years ago.

    ReplyDelete