Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wall(v) meets Sky(h).... What a complement

Darnell Bates, a Fine Art film, night, B&W, minimalist, Landscape and Seascape Photographer for DB8S Photography,  Long Beach, CA 2011. (DB8S Photo/Darnell Bates)
"Sky, Wall...Complementary" DB8S © 2010
"click on image for a larger view"

Often while out shooting (photography lingo) I am often looking for themes that are complementary. In this case, I choose my every running theme of minimalist photography and also used the complementary colours of the Orange (wall) and the Blue (sky) as my overall theme. I enjoy being a witness (or participant) in things that are in complementary, be it nature, photography, and especially my relationships because I enjoy things that are complete. If you look closer at the photograph you will see more things that complement each other to form the big picture (symmetry, lines, etc...)

Darnell Bates @ DB8S.com

----------------------------------
Because of the limitations imposed by the range of colors that were available throughout most of the history of art, many artists still use a traditional set of complementary pairs. The use of complementary colors is an important aspect of aesthetically pleasing art and graphic design.  (Wikipedia, 10 December 2010 at 10:19)
  • white and black
  • red and green
  • blue and orange
  • yellow and violet